12 July 2009

I Will Never Learn

The good news is that I am now signed up for the Philadelphia Marathon and the Philadelphia Distance Run. The bad news is that it cost me more money than I originally was going to pay because I procrastinated, as I always do.

I was going to sign up as soon as registration was available, but why do it now when I can wait? Of course I waited too long and the prices went up July 1st.

What is really funny to me is that I could have signed up for them at the Broad Street Run expo and not only paid the early costs, but avoided the online fees.

I am literally paying for my procrastination this time... but now I can focus on the races and be well prepared!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

lol, i do the same. "i can wait i can wait"... and then forget to meet the deadline. after awhile, you'll forget about the extra 10,20 bucks you had to fork over though. hopefully anyway :)

Laura said...

Congrats on signing up for your race. Committing yourself is half the battle.::)

Denise said...

Philly was my first marathon in 2008 and I'll be running it again this year. I'm also running PDR, that's a great race.

Some guy named John said...

Nothing wrong with procrastination! I do it all the time!

Seriously, though, in I way I feel like it's sometimes better to pay more to enter a race than to have to commit so far ahead of time. I've lost a lot of money in entry fees for getting my entry form in way early and then having something come up to keep me from running.

Good luck in both those races!

Unknown said...

Way to go!

Kristen said...

Awesome!!! Can't wait to see you at the race and thanks for reading my blog at www.philadelphiamarathon.com/blog. :)